Cytat Zamieszczone przez lamerok Zobacz posta
I słusznie, po co przepłacać za 35 .14 czy 85 1.2. Poniżej, co pisze sam Jeff Ascough (luty 2014):

"When it comes to lenses my choice over the years has often been cyclical and defined by my experience and maturity as a photographer. I started out with zooms, then went to primes, then back to zooms and now it’s a combination of both. Over the years my most used lenses, the workhorses, have been the 24-70 f2.8 L, 16-35mm f2.8LII, 50mm f1.2L, and 85mm f1.2LII, but I’m currently enjoying using the Canon EF 35mm f2 IS, 85mm f1.8 and 135mm f2L prime lenses. I also take with me a 70-200 f2.8LII for longer work, a 24mm f1.4LII for super low light and a 8-16 f4L for interiors. My recent inclusion of the 35mm and the 135mm primes has come from my eye naturally evolving and wanting to see the world from a fresh perspective. I feel that after more than two decades I’ve taken the standard lens look as far as I can and want to explore photography from a different position.

So what would my answer be to the original question that started this post? Lens and camera choice is all part of a photographer’s natural evolution. The basics of a system, one standard lens and a good DSLR body, should be the first step on the path to gear enlightenment. Relentlessly using such a combination helps to train the eye and mind. Only when the eye gets tired or limited by the same viewpoint and perspective should a new lens could be considered."

Zauważ, że on ma praktycznie wszystkie szkła, więc może wybierać.
Moim zdaniem warto mieć zawsze lepsze niż gorsze (ciemniejsze). IS w 35 praktycznie poza kościołem się nie przyda. 85L w porównaniu do 85 1.8 to jak pióro Parker, a zwykły długopis za 2 zł.
Kolejna kwestia to to, że mając dobry sprzęt nie bierzesz za ślub tyle co mając przeciętne stałki, które mają wszyscy. Możesz sobie pozwolić na mniej ślubów a zarabiać tyle samo.